Dan and Craig discuss Cholesterol Myths:
- First it’s not a poison
- Vital at the cellular level for ALL mammals
- The notion of good and bad is erroneous
- However stress, physical inactivity and weight along with poor lifestyle choices will effect and fluctuate blood cholesterol
- High cholesterol in fact is a good thing contributing to a healthy immune system
- Dr. Joel Wallesch proved that there are more negative cardiovascular incidence with total cholesterol numbers below 220 than higher.
- There are many studies that indicate people with low cholesterol become just as arthrosclreotic as those with high cholesterol.
- 30 years ago cholesterol levels from the so called experts was 300, today 200 and 1the problems associated supposedly with cholesterol numbers have tripled.
- Many professionals in the field of cardiology are speaking out on this issue in publications like Prevention of Coronary Heart disease / From the cholesterol hypothesis to w6 ~ w3 Balance. Okayama H.
- Your body will produce 3 to 4 times the cholesterol you can eat so low cholesterol diets trigger higher production by the body.
- There is no evidence that too much animal fat and cholesterol in the diet promotes arteriolosclerosis or heart attacks.
- There are over 20 studies that show that people who have had a heart attack haven’t eaten more fat than those who don’t have heart attacks.
- There is no evidence that cholesterol lowering drugs add heart or total mortality to the patient. Contrarily, these drugs are dangerous to your health and may shorten your life.
- The modern statin does prevent heart disease BUT the effect is minuscule. Unfortunately they also stimulate cancer, disturb muscle function, the heart and the brain. Pregnant woman on statins May deliver babies with severe malformations.
- Most of the fact are presented in scientific journals and books, they have been for decades but are rarely shared with the public.
- The reason a layperson, doctor or even scientists have been misled is because opposing or disagreeing results are systematically ignored and misquoted in the scientific press.
- For more information visit www.ravnskov.nu/Cholesterol
- Also pick up a copy of Judith Decavas book cholesterol facts and fantasies.