Homemade Turkey Sausage
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1½ teaspoon sea salt or pink salt
- 1½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of clove
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- ½ tablespoon of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- ½ -1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- Avocado or Coconut Oil for Cooking
- Place ground turkey in a large bowl; set aside.
- Mix together spices.
- Add spices to ground turkey and mix until spices are evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Mix in olive oil if using. (this add extra moisture)
- Shape turkey sausage into small patties or links.
- Pan fry a small sample patty to test out the seasonings. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a bit of Avocado or Coconut oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Place sausages into the hot skillet and cook until until browned and the middle is no longer pink.
- Cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the patty.
- Be careful not to overcook or the sausages will be dry in texture.
- Let sausage drain on paper towels.
- Serve or freeze.