Recipe Alert: Paleo Cookies
Paleo Almond Butter Cookies
* 1 cup homemade almond butter (or store bought), room temperature
* 1 cup coconut sugar (or about 1/4 cup molasses instead) (or I just 1/2 cup coconut sugar + honey)
* 1 large egg, room temperature (Can also use 2)
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract ( I use 1 Tbsp)
**Add chopped nuts and shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350º with 2 oven racks closest to the center. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium size bowl and stir to combine.
3. Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop out the dough (1.5 tablespoon balls), placing 8 cookies on each sheet (4 rows of 2 that are staggered).
4. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until the edges are set and the centers are puffed. (The cookies will flatten and “crackle” as they cool) Cool for 10 minutes and enjoy! Particularly good with my homemade almond milk.
5. Cookies will keep in an airtight container for 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 year.
Check out our Facebook Page for more recipes and an amazing educational experience! Click Here